We, the Indians had witnessed tremendous incidences of Corruption in Corpulent Numbers over the last few years.
The country admires its revolutionaries after watching a patriotic flick in a multiplex, but does it really hold to heart the freedom struggle. With rising corruption, honor killings, red-tapism, and increasing crime rates, a lot still needs to be done before we rest on our laurels. Corruption and nepotism are hampering our strengths and resources.
We are the largest Democracy in the world...but are we still democratic?? The question continuously strikes our mind but we stay silent by tolerating such questions.
The corruption scams, ruining of architecture, pollution, red-tapism are marring the country’s image and beauty.
The government needs to be transparent and efficient in its functioning. No doubt that raising awareness is one of the method to solve such problems of corruption, poverty, power deficit, crime, but what if the people are completely aware about every situation, about the scams, scandals, the reasons behind it and it’s solution. People like us are well aware of the facts and circumstances and in such situations no such arguments of raising awareness or education seems proper.
We had witnessed large no. of scandals hitting the headlines. The list of scams in India is a never ending.
An average of the scams over the last 12 years alone, since 1992, is estimated to be over Rs 80 lakh crore (Rs 80 trillion) or $1.80 trillion!
• The mind-boggling Rs 176,000 crore (Rs 1.76 trillion), the 2G spectrum allocation scam by telecom minister A Raja, the Commonwealth Scam, Adarsh society Scam are the most recent ones and are the biggest scam in India.
• The Satyam fraud of Rs 8,000 crore (Rs 80 billion), remains one of India's biggest ever corporate scams.
• Taking advantages of the loopholes in the banking system, Harshad Mehta and his associates triggered the securities scam diverting funds to the tune of about Rs 5,000 crore (Rs 50 billion) from the banks to stockbrokers between April 1991 to May 1992. Which was later followed by Ketan Parekh.
• Pune-based real estate consultant Hassan Ali Khan was the main accused in a case involving alleged money laundering to the tune of $8 billion (Rs 39,120 crore), and suspected tax evasion.
• Teak Plantation scam worth Rs 8000 crores. The fertiliser import scam cost the national exchequer over Rs 1,300 crore, Sugar import scam of 1994: Rs 650 crore, Meghalaya Forest scam of 1995: Rs 300 crore ,Urea scam of 1996: Rs 133 crore ,Bihar fodder scam of 1996: Rs 950 crore, Scorpene submarine scam 18978 crore., army ration pilferage scam of 2008 : 5000 crores, Bhansali scam resulted in a loss of over Rs 1,200 crore (Rs 12 billion), Abdul Karim Telgi: Rs 500 crore, Madhu koda mining scam of 2009: 4000 crores, Dinesh Dalmia: Rs 595 crore, ,the most famous TV scam rice scam, land scam in Karnataka, Vedanta scam, oil scam in Maharashtra across India and many More.
• According to the primary findings of the report titled 'The Drivers and Dynamics of Illicit Financial Flows from India: 1948-2008', India lost a total of $213 billion in illicit financial flows (or illegal capital flight).
• India's aggregate illicit flows are more than twice the current external debt of $230 billion," the report said.
The list is just illustrative and not exhaustive.. If we invest the time to point all the scams of India, we will realize that the large % of such scams were performed by the So called Rulers of the Nation.. Our Leaders whom we trust upon. who receive salaries and more Importantly options of being Venal , sacrificing the fund of the People.
India would be the worlds richest country and super power in its economy if India would regain the money –deposited in the foreign Banks and the large amount of money deceived by the greedy Leaders in the Scams. Such large amount would morph the pathetic conditions of India.
But, there is no point of blaming someone for the scams and scandals...they got the opportunity..they realized that the people of this nation are mum like statues and will never raise their voice. So, they resorted the opportunities..and took advantage of the situation. Indian would not have experienced such giant scams and Scandels , if the Indian People always have a owl’s eye at the situations , if they were little conscious about the safety and security of the nation. But we were claded in the greed of Self Interest and therefore losted the Integrity of the nation.
No one else ...but we Ourself are responsible for the situations we are struggling with.
System is nothing, but a group of people. For our personal benefits we support these practices and the people involved in such practices…we run away from our responsibilities toward the nation. Everyone thinks only about their self-interests. Why we are always conscious about our Rights and not about our duties????
One’s right is other’s duty. One cannot enjoy his/her rights without giving respect to the rights of others.
No individual, organisation or country is perfect. That is the People, which make the nation , “ Perfect”. Why do we lack in many areas despite having a huge potential????? The answer lies with every individual.
We Ourself should have to take the Initative..We need to finish our part of responsibilities towards the nation…towards the citizens. And then only we can expect complete enjoy of our eights.
Simultaneously, there is need to raise our voice against the Corpulent amount of Corruption prevailing in the Society. By Speaking Out for the nation..we actually and indirectly benefiting ourselves…. Now is the time for people of all races, colors, origins and religions to raise their Voice against the corrupt practices of the greedy People and to show the awared front of United India.
‘Speak Out India’, is an initiative to unite the people across the country on single platform, to share their views , exhibit their talent and more Importantly to Integrate the Voice of India so as to contribute towards the cause of nation building. A call for the people to raise their voice and take a firm stand on issues affecting our national interest.
You can make a big difference to your community, Society, Nation and more Importantly to Yourself!!!!
Its the time to Speak Out....for the Nation...For the People...and for Yourself.
Our Integrated efforts can bring positive and unexpected changes for the Nation.
At least 10 passengers including three women and two children were burnt alive and charred to death and 15 injured on Sunday evening i...
Euthanasia – be Permitted or not… Euthanasia is defined as an intentional killing by an act/omission of person whose life is felt is not to...
Introduction Many questions have been raised about micro-finance and its importance as a means for poverty alleviation. As donors and pract...
While functioning for the growth and development of the nation and while thinking about the empowerment of the people, First we had to think...
The article sheds light on various strategies and programs undertaken for the purpose of rural development in India. These strategies and pr...
Every One of us are very much conscious about the budget. The Railway budget, main budget of the nation, which is prepared by the Secretary...
We, the Indians had witnessed tremendous incidences of Corruption in Corpulent Numbers over the last few years. The country admires its rev...
If every one is born equal…. then why there’s discrimination between- rich and poor, rural and urban, man and women etc…Why the rights are m...
The 73rd Constitution (Amendment) Act 1993 of India has facilitated a ground breaking process of deepening democratization in the country. T...